MNRCP News: The MNRCP Funding Round will begin in June 2018. As we get closer to this time, funding round documents, including forms and available funds, will be updated to mnrcp.org so check back for current information. Funds Available report udated: May 2, 2018.
Please Note: This was a completely new website for 2016 and user accounts and logins created prior to 2016 will no longer work. If you don't receive an email from the website with login instructions within an hour or so of creating your login, please contact email@example.com.
MNRCP awards competitive grants each year to projects that restore and protect high priority aquatic resources in Maine. MNRCP funding rounds are usually announced in June. Public agencies, non-profit conservation organizations and municipalities are encouraged to submit a Letter of Intent for eligible restoration and preservation projects. Interested applicants should follow these steps:
- Download the 2017 Request for Letters of Intent package to determine if your project is a good fit for MNRCP’s goals and requirements. Pay particular attention to the Special Considerations as these describe the ways in which, as a compensatory mitigation program, MNRCP differs from other state and federal grant programs.
- Look at the map of MNRCP Regions to determine where your project occurs. If you would like to view the MNRCP Regions in Google Earth, or assess the proximity of your proposed project to permitted in-lieu fee impacts, please contact us and we will send the map files.
- Check the MNRCP Funds Available to find out if funds are currently available in your project’s region. Available funds are updated on a regular basis but contact us with any questions. Also be sure to look at the “Priority Resources” in your region—a project does not have to conserve all of the resources listed, but those that help to meet more of MNRCP’s compensation goals will be more competitive.
- Submit a Letter of Intent through our online form to apply for funding. Letters of Intent will be accepted starting in mid-June with a due date of mid-July.
- Applicants whose proposed projects meet the program’s requirements are invited to submit full proposals. To learn more about the additional information requested for full proposals in 2017, follow this link.
NOTE: There were changes in both the 2016 and 2017 full proposal requirements, so if you applied in previous rounds be sure to review the Request for Proposals Package closely and download the new format before creating your proposal.