MNRCP News: The 2021 funding round will open on May 26, 2021. Letters of Intent are due by June 30, 2021.
Please Note: If you have difficulties logging in or create a new user ID and don't receive an email from the website with login instructions within an hour or so of creating your login, please contact email@example.com.
MNRCP awards competitive grants each year to projects that restore and protect high priority aquatic resources in Maine. MNRCP funding rounds are usually announced in May or June. Public agencies, non-profit conservation organizations, tribes, and municipalities are encouraged to submit a Letter of Intent for eligible restoration and preservation projects. Interested applicants should follow these steps:
- Download the 2020 Request for Letters of Intent package to determine if your project is a good fit for MNRCP’s goals and requirements. Pay particular attention to the Special Considerations as these describe the ways in which, as a compensatory mitigation program, MNRCP differs from other state and federal grant programs.
- Look at the map of MNRCP Regions to determine where your project occurs. If you would like to view the MNRCP Regions in Google Earth, or assess the proximity of your proposed project to permitted in-lieu fee impacts, please contact us and we will send the map files.
- Check the MNRCP Funds Available report to find out if funds are currently available in your project’s region. Available funds are updated on a regular basis but contact us with any questions. Also be sure to look at the “Priority Resources” in your region—a project does not have to conserve all of the resources listed, but those that help to meet more of MNRCP’s compensation goals will be more competitive.
- Submit a Letter of Intent through our online form to apply for funding. The 2021 Funding Round will open on May 26, 2021, and Letters of Intent are due by June 30, 2021.
- Applicants whose proposed projects meet the program’s requirements will be invited to submit full proposals. To learn more about the additional information requested for full proposals in 2020, follow this link.
Proposal documents, plans and other project information can be found on the US Army Corps of Engineers Regulatory In-lieu Fee and Bank Information Tracking System (RIBITS) website. Filter for the State of Maine and select "Banks & ILF Sites." Website URL: https://ribits.usace.army.mil/ribits_apex/f?p=107:2